Dr. Esterkyn is passionate about creating beautiful healthy smiles that his patients can be proud of for their entire lives. He loves to see the confidence, self-esteem, and pure joy on a patient’s face when they see their new smile for the first time. In that moment, he knows that he’s made a positive difference in their life. This is why he became an orthodontist: to provide truly spectacular smiles and a foundation for exceptional oral health.
Along with his outstanding team, Dr. Esterkyn has created a fun, energetic, and family-oriented practice where each patient is valued as an individual. In addition to leaving the office with a great smile, Dr. Esterkyn wants each patient to have the best, most comfortable and enjoyable experience possible.
Education and Continuing Education:
- Bachelors of Arts Degree – University of the Pacific
– Magna Cum Laude (AO Honor Society)
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of the Pacific School of Dentistry
– Summa Cum Laude (OKU Honor Society)
- Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedics Certificate – Georgetown University
- Masters of Science Degree in Oral Biology – Georgetown University
Dr. Esterkyn attends continuing education courses throughout the year in order to stay up-to-date in the ever-changing world of orthodontics. Continuing education is an extremely important investment and allows him to provide the most advanced treatments and techniques to meet the needs of each individual patient.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- California Association of Orthodontists
- University of the Pacific Dental Alumni Association
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Contra Costa Dental Society
- Monterey Bay Study Club
- Seattle Study Club Member Delta subchapter
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Alpha Omega Honorary Dental Society
- Smiles Changes Lives
Dr. Esterkyn is a native Californian and was raised in Sacramento where his father was a dentist for several years. He and his wife Sarah have two sons, Nathan and Jakob. When he’s not creating beautiful smiles for his patients, he is enjoying spending time with his wonderful family. The activites they enjoy together are traveling, rock climbing, skiing, cycling, and gardening. The Esterkyn Family are also big SF Giants baseball fans!